[tlhIngan Hol] Claudian quote

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Jul 26 19:00:04 PDT 2024

On 7/26/2024 7:49 PM, Felix Malmenbeck via tlhIngan-Hol wrote:
> I'd probably go with something like:
>
> bInIv 'e' chIDbe'chugh jagh Dajeyta'bogh, bIQapchu'ta'be'.

Too specific. And mastery is more than just being superior. There is
also a connection between the word *chargh* and the translation /victor./

*bIcharghpu'be' bIghatlh 'e' chIDbe'chugh jagh Dajeypu'bogh.
*/You have not conquered if the enemy you have defeated does not admit
that you dominate./

As with most translations of pithy English phrases, the Klingon isn't as
pithy, and I don't see a way to shorten this and keep all the parts.