[tlhIngan Hol] Claudian quote

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jul 26 16:49:18 PDT 2024

I'd probably go with something like:

bInIv 'e' chIDbe'chugh jagh Dajeyta'bogh, bIQapchu'ta'be'.

I'm not sure to what extent {chID} communicates accepting a difficult truth, as opposed to reporting some misstep or crime to some authority. I interpret the canonical {QaghmeylIj tIchID. yIyoH.} to be more about coming to terms with one's mistakes than the act of reporting them, but I could be wrong.
One could perhaps use {tlhoj} instead, assuming Claudian isn't specifically referring to a verbal admission, but rather an acceptance of fact.

Can't help but think of an exchange between Gul Dukat and Weyoun:

------
Gul Dukat : A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness.

Weyoun : Then you kill them?

Gul Dukat : ...Only if it's necessary.
-----

//loghaD