[tlhIngan Hol] Claudian quote

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jul 26 23:59:25 PDT 2024

Am 27.07.2024 um 04:00 schrieb SuStel via tlhIngan-Hol:
> *bIcharghpu'be' bIghatlh 'e' chIDbe'chugh jagh Dajeypu'bogh.
> */You have not conquered if the enemy you have defeated does not admit
> that you dominate./
>
> As with most translations of pithy English phrases, the Klingon isn't as
> pithy, and I don't see a way to shorten this and keep all the parts.

Maybe it's not necessary to keep all the parts. Klingon can be really
short very often. Also, the "you" in English isn't meant to be
addressing someone, but can mean "one" on general.

My suggestion is this:

{yay lajbe'chugh jagh vaj yay chavbe'lu'.}

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"