[tlhIngan Hol] {net X} vs. {'e' Xlu'}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:17:29 PDT 2022

Thank you De'vID for taking the time to explain all this.

So, as I understand it (and if my understanding is correct..) it's open
season on {Xlu' 'e' Ylu'}.

I can write for instance:

tlhIngan Hol ghojlu'chu' 'e' chavlu'chugh..
if someone achieves that he perfectly learns klingon..

Meaning that the same (unspecified) person that learns klingon perfectly is
the person doing the achieving.

On the other hand, if I want to say "if someone unspecified achieves that
someone else (unspecified as well) learns Klingon perfectly..", then I'll
write:

tlhIngan Hol ghojlu'chu' net chavchugh..
if someone achieves that he perfectly learns klingon..

If I understand things wrong, or if we're (still) not allowed to use {Xlu'
'e' Ylu'}, then please do tell me because I'm about to start {Xlu' 'e'
Ylu'}ing as if there's no tomorrow.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/