[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' cha'maH wej mu' chu' - New Words

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Thu Aug 18 05:35:09 PDT 2016

On Aug 18, 2016 4:12 AM, "mayqel qunenoS" <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, the way I *feel* this whole subject, is that the qep'a' new word,
> was actually only {chum} ;
>
> I just can't realize why at the qep'a' it was combined with {jajlo'}
> and {tlhom}, in order to express the "colorful" element.
>
> I mean I don't understand the point in all this.

tlhom and chum were new words created because one of the new friends of
Maltz specifically asked for a way to talk about the visual experience of
sunrise and sunset.

Those phrases were then added to the dictionary as the specific way
Klingons talk about those experiences.

I was given two words as part of a three word phrase that describes a
specific concept. Marc could have just given us the individual words and
then let us figure out how they could go together, but instead he gave us
the entire phrase.

qurgh