[tlhIngan Hol] Whether

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 19:04:58 PDT 2024

While he’s excellently capable of defending his proposition, I’m with SuStel on this one. It conveys the meaning excellently, without messing with QaO (Question as Object, which is not a thing in Klingon).

I’ll add that I think, “I wonder whether whether Mike stole my pie,”  is a rather day-dreamy thing for a Klingon to say. “Maybe he stole it. Maybe he didn’t. I don’t know. I guess I’d sort of like to know. Gee, I wonder if there’s any way to know for sure. If anybody hears anything about my pie or anybody who might know whether Mike took it or not, it sure would be nice if somebody told me.”

It would be much more in character to walk up to Mike, head-butt him and ask, nose to nose: {chabwIj DanIH, qar’a’?}

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)