[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Deryat

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 8 11:56:53 PDT 2023

Am 08.05.2023 um 16:15 schrieb Steven Boozer via tlhIngan-Hol:
> Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, May 06, 2023
>
> Klingon word: 	Deryat
> Part of speech:	noun
> Definition: 	program, agenda, schedule
> Source: 	qepHom 2021
>
> Deryat  program,  agenda,  schedule (n) (qepHom 2021 < Hamletmachine);  flight plan?

qephom 2021 is correct, but this was not released in context of
"Hamletmachine", which appeared the year before, in 2020.

Regarding your question, I would guess that this is not used for a
flight plan. Such a plan lists different times and is used daily for a
very long time. The program of a conference is a list of several
different events that happen only once, and that schedule is only used
once for one specific event.

Also, in his definition, Okrand had added:
<< This does not mean "program" in the sense of "playbill." >>

FYI, the request for that word was:
<< "program" – a list of events that can happen during a day, e.g. at
the qep'a'." >>

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"