[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Deryat

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon May 8 14:30:20 PDT 2023

On Mon, May 8, 2023 at 2:57 PM Lieven L. Litaer via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> ...I would guess that this is not used for a
> flight plan. Such a plan lists different times and is used daily for a
> very long time.

That's not what a flight plan is (at least not in English). A flight plan
is a one-time thing. You're probably thinking of an airline flight schedule
or timetable, which is completely different.

> The program of a conference is a list of several
> different events that happen only once, and that schedule is only used
> once for one specific event.

That doesn't really match a flight plan either, though. Flight plans aren't
usually detailed schedules of multiple happenings, and they usually include
contingencies in the event of a destination airport being either
unavailable or unreachable (due to weather or other situations). I think a
flight plan might be closer to {jey} "itinerary".

-- ghunchu'wI'