[tlhIngan Hol] Bullets in Klingon

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 01:29:49 PST 2023

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 3:04 PM André Müller via tlhIngan-Hol <
tlhingan-hol at lists.kli.org> wrote:

> On a side note, note that there's a prefix missing in the title. "Boys
> like you" should be {SoH nIrurbogh loDpu'}.

It should be {SoH nIrurbog loDHompu'}, qar'a'? Although I'm not sure that
"boys" in this context means the same thing as {loDHom}. In English,
infantilisation is sometimes used as a form of affection, but Klingon
culture would probably view it as insulting. (There's a story here about an
unfortunate Terran who tried to flirt with a Klingon by calling her "baby",
i.e., {ghu}.)

--
De'vID