[tlhIngan Hol] wishlist for TKD 3ed

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 25 23:19:03 PDT 2023

Am 25.04.2023 um 02:04 schrieb De'vID via tlhIngan-Hol:
> I have to be able to convince the publisher that the new edition will
> sell better than the previous one.

That indeed is the main problem. Why should they put effort in a book
which is already selling very well? And if it's not, why should they
make an updated version?

When I proposed my Klingon teaching book to them, they said that they
already have three books about Klingon, and don't need another one. :-(

> to a general audience. Having 10 pages on how to compare two things in
> Klingon, or having a 400+ page book that explains how to use every verb
> in detail, might be desirable to hardcore Klingonists, but will likely
> be considered off-putting to a general audience.

Yes, true. It should remain as short as possible and only include minor
hints on usage, in the same short way it does in the original.
Additional, detailed information should remain in special books by the
KLI or other publishers.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"