[tlhIngan Hol] Go and come, know, impersonal verbs

luis.chaparro at web.de luis.chaparro at web.de
Mon Apr 10 08:22:02 PDT 2023

Thank you, De'vID and Lieven, for your answers!

De'vID:

> I don't think the weather words are impersonal. Their (typically unstated) subject is {muD} "the atmosphere".

That's very interesting! So there are no impersonal verbs in Klingon at all?

Lieven:

> From the canon examples, it seems like {paS} is used more like the
> second version, like when missing an appointment or being behind
> schedule. You probably wouldn't use it to refer to the time of the day,
> as in "oh, it's late".

> My guess is that in Klingon, this is expressed by saying something like
> {Dor pem} or similar.

I like this, thank you! But sometimes you don't mean *It's late in the day*, but rather *It's late for something*, like in *It's late, we should go now or we will miss the train*. How could that be rendered in Klingon? Could we say something with *poH* or should we just recast?