[tlhIngan Hol] {-vaD} {-moH} combination front slot missing middle slot missing and the {'e'} of a sao

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri May 20 04:42:47 PDT 2022

jIH:
> paq luyajmoH ghojmoHwI'
> Could this new sentence mean too "the teachers
> cause someone unspecified to understand the book"?
> Or is that the only thing it can mean is "the teachers cause
> the book to understand" as if the book was alive or something?
SuStel:
> Yes, it can mean "The teachers
> cause someone unspecified to understand the book."

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. Everything is crystal clear now.

The reason I've started to wonder about all this, is that while working on
my site, I've regularly been writing things like: {yadda yadda yadda 'e'
SovmoH ngervam} for "this theory informs that..".

But suddenly I started to wonder "Wait; what's happening with {-vaD} {-moH}
and in the case the {-vaD}'ed noun is missing? Do things work the way I
think they do?".

Luckily, now I understand. Thanks.

--
Dana'an