[tlhIngan Hol] expressing "approximately" with {chaq} and {tlhoS} the lesson from {vabDot} where {chaq} and {tlhoS} refer

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Mar 16 08:06:30 PDT 2022

On 3/16/2022 10:21 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> I really like this explanation.
>
> I’ll only append that rather than at the sentence level, I think
> adverbials apply to the clause level.

Yes, in all Klingon studies, the words /sentence/ and /clause /are
nearly synonymous, and whenever I say "sentence," I really mean
"sentence or clause," with the understanding that in Klingon studies, a
"clause" is one of the structures described in TKD as basic sentences,
subordinate clauses (including relative clauses and purpose clauses),
"to be" constructions, comparatives and superlatives, and that sentences
can be single clauses or compound clauses as described in TKD as complex
sentences.

So you'll forgive me if I routinely compress all that down to "sentence"
in exactly the same way TKD does.