[tlhIngan Hol] {vaj} the english "so" and joining multiple {-bogh} phrases by {vaj}

D qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:59:57 PDT 2022

SuStel:
> The grammar is simply different.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. And now the main subject of this thread..

Suppose I want to write "weapon which injures and which causes pain"; I
will write {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH 'ej 'oy'choHmoHbogh}.

But now suppose I want to write "weapon which injures so which it causes
pain". (Ok, yes, the English sounds weird).

Can I write {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH vaj 'oy'choHmoHbogh}? Or do I *have* to
place an {'ej} before the {vaj}, thus writing {rIQchoHmoHbogh nuH 'ej vaj
'oy'choHmoHbogh}?

If {vaj} was classified as a conjunction, I'd feel no problem with omitting
the {'ej}. But seeing it being classified as an adverb, I get the
impression that in such cases (of {-bogh} phrases being joined), it *has*
to be preceded by a conjunction.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/