[tlhIngan Hol] hellenic gods - epithets of gods - zeus part 1

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 05:31:35 PST 2022

charghwI':
> This may be grammatically perfect, though I find
> {wa’ Qunpu’vam pong cha’DIch} unnecessarily confusing in terms of plurality.

Yes, I agree. It can be confusing.

The intended meaning was "one epithet of these gods":

Qunpu'vam = these gods
pong cha'DIch = epithet
Qunpu'vam pong cha'DIch = epithet of these gods
wa' Qunpu'vam pong cha'DIch = one epithet of these gods

However, you're right in your comment that it can be confusing.
Perhaps it would be less confusing if I wrote:

{Qunpu’vam wa' pong cha’DIch}
one epithet of these gods

But I've the habit of placing numbers before the entire noun-noun
construction, {-meH}'ed/{-bogh}'ed noun, etc..

charghwI':
> I would have said: {pong cha’DIch lughaj Qunpu’vam. ‘aqrayuS ponglu’.}

This is good too.

charghwI':
> English leans on “to be” so often, I tend to be conscious about minimizing its use in Klingon
> when something else would serve as well. {‘aqrayuS ponglu’} just feels slightly more direct and
> forceful than {‘aqrayuS ‘oH pongchaj’e’}. This is merely a stylistic suggestion.

Yes, I agree.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read the original post, and
sharing your thoughts.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/