[tlhIngan Hol] verb prefix when the object noun is topicalized by {-'e'} and precedes the adverb

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:37:36 PST 2022

It may seem weird to be asking this now, after six years, but I just
started to wonder about this.

According to tkd "The adverbial may actually follow the object noun
(but still precede the verb) when the object noun is topicalized by
means of the noun suffix {-'e'}". And then we have the Ca'Non example
of {HaqwI' 'e' DaH yISam} "Find the SURGEON now!"

Suppose now that we want to say "attack the ROMULANS now!"

romuluSnganpu''e' DaH yIHIv
romuluSnganpu''e' DaH tIHIv

Do we say {romuluSnganpu''e' DaH yIHIv}, or do we say
{romuluSnganpu''e' DaH tIHIv}?

It seems strange having a prefix indicating that the verb has an
object, but not seeing that object directly in front of the verb.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/