[tlhIngan Hol] suffix {-jaj} with imperatives

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:29:20 PST 2022

SuStel:
> Furthermore, mayqel may be
> misunderstanding May you enjoy the
> food as an imperative

Yes, indeed. Perhaps I was influenced by the way the witch in that series
uttered the curse. It must have been the tone of her voice.

It's like saying to someone "you want to go to leave the room?" (question),
and "you *want* to leave the room", stressing the "want". So then it isn't
a question anymore but something else. A statement perhaps? Maybe even a
threat (given the right context)?

Anyway, I understand now, so thanks for all the replies.

--
Dana'an
https://sacredtextsinklingon.wordpress.com/