[tlhIngan Hol] clipped klingon formal or informal

Iikka Hauhio fergusq at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:34:42 PST 2022

De'vID:

> {Sey} probably *can* be used in a sexual context where the English "excited/exciting" might be used, but that's really just the normal meaning of the word applied to that context, and I don't see how it can be a source of confusion in general.

In Finnish the word doesn't have any sexual connotations and there is a separate word that has only sexual connotations. I don't see how it can be "applied to sex".

I was reading nuq bop bom and it has several sexual scenes. How do I know if Sey refers to just general excitement or sexual excitement? I understand people want to talk about sexual things in Klingon, but I'd feel more comfortable when I know that a scene is supposed to have sexual tones and when it isn't. For example, when someone is excited when meeting someone, does that mean that they are happy because they meet them or because they have sexual feelings form them? I don't think it should be ambiguous.

Iikka "fergusq" Hauhio