[tlhIngan Hol] qep'a' 2022 new words puns

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:19:50 PDT 2022

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 5:17 PM De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I can't think of what {rubyo'} can be a reference to, except for
> a very specific politician. Can anyone else have any ideas?

The original request <https://www.kli.org/chabal-archive/politician/> for
the word "politician" wasn't entirely value-neutral: "A person who is
professionally involved in the politics. Also a derogatory term for a
person who manipulates or pleases others just to gain own advantage. For
example Gowron is described as a politician in DS9"
So it's possible Okrand was thinking more along the lines of the latter
half of the request when thinking about specific politicians.