[tlhIngan Hol] perfective {-pu'} using/combining aspect with no aspect

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:33:07 PDT 2022

Note: The New Moon does not come above the horizon at night. That’s why you can’t see it. It comes above the horizon during the day. That’s what makes it a New Moon.

Maybe Okrand was as confused about this as you are.

A Full Moon rises as the Sun sets. A New Moon rises and sets with the Sun.

pItlh

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)