[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: joH

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sat Sep 11 06:35:12 PDT 2021

On 9/11/2021 9:22 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:

> Seemingly/apparently, in direct address you can't use the word {joH}
> unless you either say {ghawran joH} or {joHwI'}.
>

> So, let's say you see a lord ready to cross the street and be run over
> by a bus.. You don't remember his name, and he isn't your lord either..
>

> According to the wisdom of the klingon language, you can't say {joH,
> yIyItchoHQo'}. Oh, no.. That's wrong..

Hang on. What wisdom are you referring to? I don't remember seeing
anything that said *joH* without the *-wI'* can't be used in direct
address all by itself. Did I miss something?

Now, if I /did/ miss something, what's the big deal? Suppose you see
someone who isn't a lord cross the street and be run over by a bus. Not
only do you not remember his name, you also can't call him *joH* because
he isn't one.

So what's the problem? *'eH! mev!*