[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: joH

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 07:30:14 PDT 2021

SuStel:
> I don't remember seeing anything that
> said joH without the -wI' can't be used in
> direct address all by itself

Indeed, there's no rule that says that in direct address, {joH} should
always be used with a possessive suffix.

But I noticed that in the examples posted by voragh, wherever there's
direct address, we have {joHwI'} instead of just {joH}.

If there's a rule at work here, then it's a ridiculous one. There are times
one doesn't need, nor is it proper to say {joHwI'}.

I can understand rules which's purpose is to make understanding clearer.
But I'm irritated (and that's an understatement) from rules with no
apparent purpose.

A language is supposed to be a tool to help you express yourself.

~ Dana'an
don't let the bastards grind you down