[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: joH

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 06:22:00 PDT 2021

Normally, I wouldn't waste my time with this crap, but since I've eaten so much I cannot move, I *will* waste my time until I've begun to feel better.

So..

Seemingly/apparently, in direct address you can't use the word {joH} unless you either say {ghawran joH} or {joHwI'}.

So, let's say you see a lord ready to cross the street and be run over by a bus.. You don't remember his name, and he isn't your lord either..

According to the wisdom of the klingon language, you can't say {joH, yIyItchoHQo'}. Oh, no.. That's wrong.. On the other hand, you can't say {joHwI', yIyItchoHQo'} because he isn't your lord either.

So, in that case, the klingon language says "screw him"; unless you know his name, or unless he's *your* lord, let him go under the bus. Who cares? After all, he isn't *your* lord, right?

There you go! That's the way of the warrior!

~ Dana'an

nolite te bastardes carborundorum