[tlhIngan Hol] Use of *-'e'* with adverbials

janSIy . kenjutsuka at live.com
Tue Oct 19 11:07:41 PDT 2021

> Sorry, but with *object-fronting* do you mean here (in the PB) topic or focus?

I'm not sure Kingons consider there to be a difference. Call it "fopic" - it brings attention and focus to the word, whether it is acting more like what English linguists call "focus" or more like what they call "topic" and whether it appears before any adverbs, in the traditional object location, in the traditional subject location, or after a subject pronoun acting as connecting verb.  For English speakers, I like to describe **-'e'** as having four uses, but I suspect that a Klingon would see it all as just the same single use applied in different situations.

janSIy