[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon food vocabulary

James Landau savegraduation at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 18:31:58 PST 2021

>>From: "Lieven L. Litaer" <levinius at gmx.de>
>>Subject: Re: [tlhIngan Hol] Klingon food vocabulary>

>> Now, though, we have a new problem. The header is "Fruit and
>> vegetables", but we have some TalkNow words, like cola and pizza, that
>> aren't fruit and vegetables. (Also paSta'/pasta in the final section of
>> "Terran fruit and vegetables".) I really don't know what to do with
>> these words. I'll have to think about it awhile.
>
>Change it as you think it makes sense. I think it's more useful to sort
>them by topic than by source.

I finally thought of a satisfactory solution. I've placed *qo'qo* and *tanje'rIn* into the borrowed fruits and vegetable list, and put foods like rice and soda into the list at the end. I agree with you that it isn't particularly useful to just lump all the TalkNow foods together. This did mean, however, that I had to note the exceptions (coconut, tangerine) to the rule that Terran foods always add a word like *naH*.