[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon food vocabulary

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 09:12:54 PST 2021

Am 26.11.2021 um 19:24 schrieb James Landau:
> Since you explained after editing that animal words were not being
> included because the Klingons considered all non-sapient animal species
> to be food, I understood that. It was just the fruit words. (I never
> knew that a Klingon would consider any animal to be food!)

I'm not sure where this information comes from, bur rgarding the fact
that the word {Ha'DIbaH} means both "meat" and "animal"...

> I see most of the fruit words were returned, although you seem to have
> forgotten two fruits from the last qep'a': *raS'IS moQ nah* and *qaq
> naH*. I've added both words back in.

You're welcome to add anything I missed. That's the purpose of a wiki.

> Now, though, we have a new problem. The header is "Fruit and
> vegetables", but we have some TalkNow words, like cola and pizza, that
> aren't fruit and vegetables. (Also paSta'/pasta in the final section of
> "Terran fruit and vegetables".) I really don't know what to do with
> these words. I'll have to think about it awhile.

Change it as you think it makes sense. I think it's more useful to sort
them by topic than by source.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"