[tlhIngan Hol] *-moH* with verbs of state / quality

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 17 08:02:44 PST 2021

On 11/17/2021 10:59 AM, luis.chaparro at web.de wrote:
> And I hope I don't bother you, but could you please tell me just briefly wether what I said under points 2-4 is*generally*  right? You don't have to go into detail, I would just like to know that I'm not entirely mistaken. But if you don't feel like answering, no problem! I perfectly understand it!

Yes, it seems generally right to me. Use *-choH* when you want to
describe an action changing one state into another, not just if you
describe an action that might involve a change of state at some point
that you're not talking about. When you say *jIbwIj vISay'nISmoH,* the
washing you're talking about logically implies a change of state from
unclean to clean, but the action you're trying to depict isn't the
change of state; it's the act of washing.