[tlhIngan Hol] new words from #KlingonAlice

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 15 03:10:03 PST 2021

I just sent my email too quickly, here some important part that might
answer at least one question:

Talking about the side of something, as opposed to the front or back…
Use reD “exterior wall” for an object’s surface that’s not the top or
bottom or front or back.  That is, the use of reD} need not be
restricted to structures. If you need to be more specific, you can add
in poS “left (side)” or {nIH} “right (side).”

If your car was in a head-on collision or someone hit you from behind,
your first thought might be “What are the front (hood/bonnet) and back
(trunk/boot) of the car called?” The front is the {logh’ob} “chest”
(body part). The rear is — as you might have guessed — {Sa’Hut}. (When
referring to parts of a car, form the plural of these with {-mey}.)

Printed in Klingon Alice on p. 232

Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list