[tlhIngan Hol] excuse me but what the jay' is {taymey}

janSIy . kenjutsuka at live.com
Thu Nov 11 05:07:25 PST 2021

jatlh mayqel qunen'oS
> Seemingly apparently it isn't a paragraph, but is it a "chapter"?
> Because if it isn't a chapter, then with the exception of {bI'reS
> taymey} and {bertlham taymey} I can't understand in what other way it
> could be useful.

The problem is that, in English, we consider only the numbered or titled sections of the narrative itself as chapters.  But sometimes there are additional sections that are not chapters of the story.  Like the prologue, epilogue, foreword, preface, glossary, appendix, index, table of contents, conclusion, afterword, postscript, etc.  These and each of the chapters might all be called "sections" of the book, but we don't normally refer to these extra sections as chapters.  Usually, we would consider some of these sections as part of the narrative (like the prologue and epilogue), but if the chapters were numbered, those sections would not receive chapter numbers, so it seems Klingons think even more strongly about them as being separate from the narrative itself.

janSIy