[tlhIngan Hol] excuse me but what the jay' is {taymey}

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Nov 11 05:12:51 PST 2021

Perhaps in a book {taymey} would be a forward, introduction, afterward, or appendix. In a documentary, it might be the part at the beginning where the narrator whets your appetite for the story about to be told, or the part at the end that summarizes what happened to the various people after the event that the documentary is about. In a traditional Southern Square Dance, it might be the improvised introduction used to synchronize the dancers to the tune before starting the dance taught during the walk-through, or perhaps the walk-through itself.

It’s a supportive add-on, not part of the main thing divided into chapters. Does that help?