[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: romuluSngan

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Nov 9 05:42:27 PST 2021

It’s common to arbitrarily pick the name of a place or of the inhabitants in a Noun-Noun construction. Consider that {tlhIngan Hol} could just as easily have been called {Qo’noS Hol}. It’s not right or wrong to use one or the other. One of them simply stuck and became the common term.

The Noun-Noun simply implies an association, like, but not limited to, possession. The device might be associated with the planet Romulus, or to its inhabitants. It was developed on the planet by its inhabitants. Both are associated with the device.