[tlhIngan Hol] {-vaD} "for the benefit of"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon Nov 1 23:01:38 PDT 2021

Am 02.11.2021 um 04:57 schrieb Scott D. Randel:
> I have asked several people where they learned that meaning, and all
> they could tell me was that they read or heard that definition long ago.
> TKD does not use that wording. Does anybody here translate it this way,
> and if so, do you know where you learned that definition?

I guess it is derived from the word benificiary, which TKD really uses.

“This suffix indicates that the noun to which it is attached is in some
way the beneficiary of the action, the person or thing for whom or for
which the activity occurs.”

I'm not sure if there is a difference between "beneficiary of" and
"benefit of".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"