[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SupDIng

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Mar 25 02:54:59 PDT 2021

Am 25.03.2021 um 10:38 schrieb De'vID:
>     QaplaStep               spool, reel, spindle (n) [qep'a' 2020]
>
> I feel like the pun here is "one step short of success". I also feel
> like it has to be some sort of a film editing pun, given Dr. Okrand's
> professional history. But I can't quite work it out. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm completely guessing, but I think the word "last" could be in there,
maybe even the part "ep"?

My quick Google search might help:

"The Last Reel: An Ode to 35-Millimeter Film "
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajAYhXRU6O4

Then we have the word {Qap} "work, function" in this combination:

"Reel Works"
https://reelworks.campusgroups.com/

THere's even an entry on Facebook, mentioning a final episode od something:
https://www.facebook.com/reelworksteenfilm/posts/1139287362749801

So when I read

Reel Works: Final Ep. of RWTV season 5 Episode ...

it resembles "reel Qap last ep" -> "reel" QaplaStep

But if that's just a silly coincidence or intentionally, I have no idea.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"