[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SupDIng

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 02:38:02 PDT 2021

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 at 16:19, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, January 06, 2021
>
> Klingon word: SupDIng
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: cotton-like plant
> Source: qep'a' 27  [2020]

A reference to this traditional American folk song, which has the lyrics
"jump ({Sup}) down, spin ({DIng}) around":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_a_Bale_of_Cotton

> QaplaStep               spool, reel, spindle (n) [qep'a' 2020]

I feel like the pun here is "one step short of success". I also feel like
it has to be some sort of a film editing pun, given Dr. Okrand's
professional history. But I can't quite work it out. Anyone have any ideas?

--
De'vID