[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SupDIng

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Thu Mar 25 04:44:56 PDT 2021

I tried sending this from my iPad, but it failed, so if it comes across twice, well…

When I looked at {QaplaStep} I saw “Hi, Step”, and thought about High Steppin’ which is a form of percussive dance demonstrated impressively by Matthew Olwell (son and brother of the father and son team of Olwells who are famous among those seeking their traditional, wooden Irish flutes). It’s a traditional folk dance from Black American culture around the 1920s.

So, I figured that it’s probably done in reel time (4/4) instead of jig time (6/8), but I figured I’d check Wikipedia just to make sure and Bingo.

Look in Wikipedia under “High Steppers”.

Apparently Okrand is a fan of silent films.

charghwI’ ‘utlh
(ghaH, ghaH, -Daj)