[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} and {-bogh}ed nouns

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 05:47:02 PST 2020

SuStel:
> qama''e' qIppu'bogh neH
> the prisoner(s) whom he/she/it(/they)
> merely hit
> only the prisoner(s) whom
> he/she/it(/they) hit

Couldn't this mean too "the prisoner who has been hit by only
he/she/they/it" ? i.e. can't the {neH} be interpreted as acting on the
elided subject ?

SuStel:
> qama'e' qIppu'bogh neH ghaH
> only the prisoner whom he/she hit
> the prisoner whom he/she merely hit

If instead of the {ghaH} we had as a subject not a pronoun, but a noun,
would this change anything ?

For example would the following be correct ?

Qel'e' qIpta'bogh neH la'
only the doctor who has been hit by the commander
the doctor who has been merely hit by the commander

Perhaps it's a silly question, but something confuses me in the sentences
where the subject is a pronoun.

~ mayqel qunen'oS