[tlhIngan Hol] Pluralizing Pokémon

Jesse Manoogian boyfromtheabyss at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 18:52:12 PST 2020

After considering everything you've written, Felix, I'm now leaning towards po'qeymonpu'.

If Meowth can learn a human language, Pokémon are clearly capable of speech. I had never seen the manga with the Kangaskhan-speaking boy before -- interesting!

I suppose anthropomorphic characters who speak in a human language (or "Common") should be -pu'. The Bear family in the Berenstain Bears, for instance, would most likely be tera' mIl'oDpu', not tera' mIl'odmey.

>I would argue that Pokémon are beings capable of communication via language, but I don't know that they are necessarily >regarded in that way by humans (or Klingons).>
>After all, we've seen in episodes like Island of the Giant Pokémon that Pokémon are capable of carrying out entire >conversations, and we've also seen Team Rocket asking Meowth to translate what Pokémon are saying into human speech.
>

>Pokémon's talk - Bulbasaur

|  |  |

|  |
Pokémon's talk - Bulbasaur

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the wor...