[tlhIngan Hol] Pluralizing Pokémon

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jan 24 04:04:55 PST 2020

I would argue that Pokémon are beings capable of communication via language, but I don't know that they are necessarily regarded in that way by humans (or Klingons).

After all, we've seen in episodes like Island of the Giant Pokémon that Pokémon are capable of carrying out entire conversations, and we've also seen Team Rocket asking Meowth to translate what Pokémon are saying into human speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybqtpQiiOSE

Furthermore, Pokémon can understand complex utterances in human speech, and respond to it with body language.

In the anime episode The Kangaskhan Kid, we see a boy who has been raised by Kangaskhan, and appears to speak their language. However, I'm not certain if it's clear if this is language use or just mimicry.
Apparently, in the manga, it is clear that he speaks Pokémon language.

//loghaD