[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIvvo'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:13:55 PDT 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019, 10:52 Lieven L. Litaer, <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 13.05.2019 um 16:45 schrieb De'vID:
> >        ghach jIvvo' naH.  DaH pIghvamDaq So''eghtaH.
> >        There is a criminal hiding in these ruins. STID
> >
> > If you watch her lips, what she's actually saying is {ghaH vISammeH...},
> > which is a line that was in the original script.
>
> Are you really sure about this?

Not completely. At the time I watched the released scenes with the
overdubbing and matched the lip movements to the scripted lines, I believed
this to be true and wrote it down. But I don't have the movie now to
double-check. Also, it's not impossible that different cuts of the movie
have different dubbing!

--
De'vID