[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jIvvo'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 13 10:51:55 PDT 2019

Am 13.05.2019 um 16:45 schrieb De'vID:
>        ghach jIvvo' naH.  DaH pIghvamDaq So''eghtaH.
>        There is a criminal hiding in these ruins. STID
>
> If you watch her lips, what she's actually saying is {ghaH vISammeH...},
> which is a line that was in the original script.

Are you really sure about this?

The original scene is on the Blueray, and the lips movement fit
something else, close to {... jIHvo' nIH... }, acording to subtitles "he
stole from me". Although it's really hard to understand.

{ghaH vISammeH} was a phrase that occured right before this:

ghaH vISammeH |'ej DochmeywIj vItlhap(qa'meH)
  	      |'ej Dojmey wID vInDa'ma' peq.

The first part was cut in the final scene.

The original scene is listed in the Klingon wiki, but there is exactly
this phrase that's still unclear:

http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ST12

--
Lieven L. Litaer