[tlhIngan Hol] yItlhHa'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 01:27:19 PST 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 17:27, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 27.02.2019 um 17:21 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> > Would there be a reason, that the ghItlhHa' was given as "lenient,
> > indulgent" instead of "be lenient, indulgent" ?
> > Does the missing "be" change anything ?
>
> No, that's probably just an typo. ghIlab ghew yIbuSQo'.

One of my pet peeves about the German definitions in {boQwI'} is that verbs
of quality are inconsistent as to whether they include "sein" (the German
equivalent of "be"). For example, {matlh} is "loyal, treu" while {matlhHa'}
is "untreu sein". But I'm not bothered enough to try to fix this.

--
De'vID