[tlhIngan Hol] yItlhHa'

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 01:40:42 PST 2019

Am 28.02.2019 um 10:27 schrieb De'vID:
> One of my pet peeves about the German definitions in {boQwI'} is that
> verbs of quality are inconsistent as to whether they include "sein" (the
> German equivalent of "be"). For example, {matlh} is "loyal, treu" while
> {matlhHa'} is "untreu sein". But I'm not bothered enough to try to fix this.

Oh, that may be my fault... or my "decision" I made when I started the
translation of boQw' many years ago and I tried to keep it consistent.

Most of the words do NOT include the "sein" part. I agree that it's not
correct but I thought it would make it easier to read and to search.
First, because "sein" is longer than "be", but also because for
visiblility reasons that it just looks better, especially when a
definition constists of multiple words I wasn't sure whether to add sein
for each one or not, so it was simply dropped.

And I feel like david and don't see a reason to fix that. Maybe one day
I'm so bored I got nothing else to do, I may fix it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"