[tlhIngan Hol] Using -ta' during -taHvIS

Daniel Dadap daniel at dadap.net
Wed Feb 27 20:24:13 PST 2019

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 11:40, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 17:40, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:
>>> On 2/27/2019 10:46 AM, Will Martin wrote:
>>> We all hate the rule.
>> Speak for yourself, not others. I don't hate the rule; I think it adds character to the language.
>>
> I don't "hate" the rule either. I just often forget it's there.

Same here. Klingon is a quirky language, and this is one of its quirks. I break the rule often because I forget about it, and the meaning when it’s broken is obviously clear, but I harbor no ill will towards it.

> (In-universe Okrand must be a time-traveler, because not only is he an active linguist all the way from the TOS through the TNG era, but he's somehow also made communication with Maltz possible in the late 20th/early 21st century.)

Maybe we need to revise the “Maltz lives in Okrand’s basement” thing to “Maltz is a hologram from the future in Okrand’s basement”?