[tlhIngan Hol] can we apply {ngagh} to humans ?

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Wed Dec 18 09:24:56 PST 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 10:06 AM mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, I see..
>
> But {ngagh} aside..
>
> In english, do you use the verb "to mate" for humans ?

In Star Trek, "mate" is used to refer to what Klingons do with each other
several times throughout the different series. We hear things like "mating
ritual", "she was my mate" and "we have mated"

And Okrand continues it in Power Klingon with things like "Of course the
most universal coming of age ceremony in any part of the Galaxy, is the
mating ritual", "These signs are unambiguous, and they derive from the
hasty mating that took place during battle", "If you *are* interested in
reciprocating, or wish to initiate mating proceedings".

Klingons mate. Humans mate too. They might label it "making love", "having
sex", "shagging", "doing it", "making the beast with two backs" or
something else to try to differentiate it from what the rest of the
biological world does, but it's still mating.

Or is it primarily used for animals ?

Humans and Klingons *are *animals.

qurgh