[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "the outside of an object"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Nov 26 08:59:38 PST 2018

On 11/26/2018 11:52 AM, Alan Anderson wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2018, at 11:07 AM, nIqolay Q <niqolay0 at gmail.com 
> <mailto:niqolay0 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> I'd interpret {Hur} as "area outside", not "the outer surface of". 
>> For the latter meaning, we don't have a specific word yet, though 
>> something with {reD} "exterior wall" might be used.
> I would expect to be understood if I called the outer surface of my 
> house {Som} “hull”.

I'd understand you if you said that in English, too, but it's not the 
right word.


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.kli.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol-kli.org/attachments/20181126/05379bd9/attachment-0002.htm>

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list