[tlhIngan Hol] New words from qep'a' cha'maH vaghDIch

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:00:05 PDT 2018

I'm having trouble figuring out some of the distinctions between the
"stuck" verbs. *mulIQmoHpu'.*

What is the difference between *DIy* and *ngItlh*? It seems like the former
is used for things that get stuck or jammed on their own parts, like a door
and its frame, while the latter is for two things that are distinct and can
theoretically move apart from each other. But I'm not sure I've really
captured the difference there.

What's the semantic difference between *HIr* and *ngam*? Does *HIr* imply
being held in place? Which word would be better used for, say, a gecko
walking on a wall, sticking to it with its feet? My guess is that it would
fall under the category of *ngam*.