[tlhIngan Hol] HolQeD V6-N1

Aurélie Demonchaux demonchaux.aurelie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 07:40:23 PST 2018

 @De'vID:

> I guess you meant "the enemy".

bIlugh - HIvqa' veqlargh !

(*) jolvoy' tI' jonwI' 'e' vIbejtaHvIS HIv jagh

> The above translation would be perfect except for the fact that the -taH
> suffix is both forbidden (because it comes after the 'e') and required
> before -vIS.

{jolvoy' tI'taHvIS jonwI' 'e' vIbej, HIv jagh}?

I am not sure that we can have -taHvIS like this on its own in a
sentence-as-object structure - I don't recall seeing it elsewhere in any
case.

@SuStel:

What Krankor sees as an unforgivable problem with Klingon, I see as a
> "that's just the way it is" issue.
>
> *jolvoy' tI'taH jonwI'. vIbejtaHvIS HIv jagh.*There is absolutely no
> reason why all this has to be a single sentence in Klingon. Klingon thrives
> on multiple, short sentences being joined contextually.

Ah I hadn't considered splitting the whole sentence entirely, but you're
right, it does make sense in Klingon and seems natural. qatlho'! :)