[tlhIngan Hol] Expressing "all of us"

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Jan 28 06:21:45 PST 2018

On 1/28/2018 9:08 AM, mayqel qunenoS wrote:
> SuStel:
> > This is what mayqel threatened to do, and I'm pretty sure he's
> > planning on using it in lieu of /ever/ using a straight *maH.*
> *
> *
> hahaha ! Actually I won't. The part where I said "I will be using it
> like there is no tomorrow", of my original message, meant: "I will be
> using it, if it is indeed correct".
>
> Since there are doubts however, I will not use it at all. I *will* be
> using though (as if there's no tomorrow..) Rhona's {Hoch maH}. Because
> as I understand there's no objection against the use of it.
>
> If there is though, then someone please do tell me, before I start
> using it.

My objection is the same whichever phrase you use. As some people are
fond of saying, Klingon is not a code for English (or Greek). You don't
just translate individual phrases one-to-one and just plug them into a
formula to make a sentence. English users casually toss out /we all/ and
/you all/ (usually as /y'all/) when they mean just /we/ and /you
(plural)./ And only when they're speaking certain dialects of English.

If your sentence would make just as much sense without the /all,/ LEAVE
IT OUT.