[tlhIngan Hol] Maltz about to compare

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 6 05:10:14 PST 2018

This obviously didn't come through when I had first sent it.
pIch vIghajbe'.
---

Maltz has revealed some words which I don't want to keep secret from you
any longer. I'm sending them in individual messages to keep the subject
line separated.

---begin quote------------

Perhaps the verb {patlh} "be ranked, have a status, be graded" will
work.  The form {patlhmoH} would mean "rank, assign status, sort" and
also "compare."  When used with the "compare" meaning, of course, the
object of the verb is always plural.  The implication that if two (or
more) things are ranked or sorted, they're ranked in comparison to one
another.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"