[tlhIngan Hol] new words episode 14 and 15

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Feb 6 04:43:50 PST 2018

> Is there something missing from your post ? Before this point, where does 'oqranD make reference of a verb {patlh} ?

I haven't seen this, either. It seems an e-mail might've gotten lost on its way to the list.

> Regarding the verb "compare", I (Lieven) asked whether this would work:
> {A-mey patlhmoH C} "C sorts his A" (for instance, his socks)

So, I take it that «patlhmoH» means something like "rank" (fitting, given the meaning of the noun «patlh»). I wonder if this could also be another sequence, i.e. deciding in which order you will wear your socks next weeks, even if the sequence is not in order of importance.

For simply gathering one's socks, one could probably use «yIr». For tidying up, one could use «ghIHHa'moH».

However, it would be useful to have something for "sort (into categories)"; for example, organizing socks by color, or length, or separating child A's socks from child B's socks. «paSloghvaD Qur pabmoH.» comes to mind, or «DaqDaj tlhInDaq ngIq paSlogh lan.», but I'm not sure.

//loghaD